Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, toxic gas that can quickly turn your RV into a danger zone. The propane heaters and generators in RV’s run the risk of leaking and building up in your leisure vehicle, and the results could be deadly. To ensure you are protected from the dangerous effects of carbon monoxide, talk to the professionals at an RV service in Glendale or elsewhere, and follow these everyday guidelines:
- Leave a roof vent open, even when it’s cold outside. Air circulation is crucial in preventing carbon monoxide accumulation.
- Park your RV so the exhaust disperses away from the vehicle. Don’t park next to buildings, snowbanks, trees, or other objects that could obstruct exhaust dissipation. Similarly, be aware of vehicles around you that could either prevent proper exhaust dispersion or produce additional carbon monoxide that could enter your RV.
- Regularly check for openings in the floor or sidewalls. Seal holes or cracks with a silicone adhesive or take it for RV repairs in Glendale before using your generator again.
- Never sleep with the generator running.
- If you don’t feel good, shut the generator off and step outside for some fresh air: you may be suffering side effects of carbon monoxide build-up.
- Most importantly: use a carbon monoxide detector. Make sure it is in good working order by periodically testing it either by yourself or with the help of an RV service in Glendale.
Carbon monoxide is often referred to as the Silent Killer, so it is very important to be aware of its presence and effects. It is highly recommended that any adjustments be left in the hands of a professional RV repairs shop in Glendale. RV parts and repair companies can help you choose the right carbon monoxide alarm, and can upgrade your unit’s chassis and exhaust systems to prevent leaks.
RV Master Techs is a leader in such inspections, with RV services in Glendale that will ensure your unit is safe from carbon monoxide leakage. Our technicians have a minimum of five years’ experience with RV repairs in Glendale and beyond, and understand the importance of proper alarm installation and preventative maintenance. Call us today 623-932-5444 or contact us online and we’d be happy to answer any questions about carbon monoxide, or any type of RV repair or service in Glendale.